New coronavirus restrictions come into effect on Monday 17th August in Andalucia
Check the latest Coronavirus news for Spain
We´re going to add some of the latest stories for you here regarding Coronavirus on the Costa Del Sol.
This is the travel advice for Spain
Covid-19 beach recommendations
- Keep the safety distance, even when in the water
- Take care of your personal hygiene, it is your best defence
- User your own bag to deposit garbage in the bins
- If you have symptoms, leave the beach and stay at home
- Follow recommendations from lifeguards and authorities
- Recommended beach schedule: from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm
- Keep beach access and exits free at all time
- Keep 2 metres between you and other people
- Do not share items with other people
- COVID-19 – Practical information for travellers
- Ryanair – Latest Travel Information
- EasyJet – Latest Travel Information
- Iberia – Latest Travel Information
- Spain closes all airports and ports. As at land borders, only residents will be able to enter the country by air or sea, with exceptions for certain professions or for reasons of force majeure.
- All schools will be closing in Spain from Monday March 16th until March 30th. Read more here.
- El Corte Ingles have removed all makeup from the counters or covered it over so stop the virus spreading
- Yesterday, March 9th 2020, all schools and universities closed for 2 weeks to tackle the Coronavirus.
- Due to the impact of COVID-19, the Spanish Government has banned all flight to/from Italy from Wednesday, 11th March, until 25th March.
- The number of cases in Spain doubled from 8th March to 9th March. You can check the statistics of Coronavirus here.
- We know of one International School here on the Coast that would not allow students back into school who have travelled anywhere in the holidays.
- There are rumours that all schools may close on the Costa Del Sol, but these are rumours.
- Gibraltar Festival, Malaga Film Festival and we believe the Tennis Open have been cancelled so far.
LATEST NEWS ARTICLES – CORONAVIRUS COSTA DEL SOL
9 Tourists quarantined in Costa Del Sol Hotel
British Expat Quarantined On Costa Del Sol. A British man is in isolation with his wife at their home in Mijas.
Gibraltar Festival Cancelled due to Coronavirus
Malaga Film Festival Cancelled due to Coronavirus.
MP for VOX Far Right Party tests positive for Coronavirus
If you have flights booked, keep in touch with your airline for the latest travel news.
Airlines – Latest Coronavirus Info
Malaga airport airlines
Should you need to contact any airline, we have a page with information (web, phone numbers etc.) about the airlines operating at Malaga Airport.
Check Malaga Arrivals here & Malaga Departures here.