We are on lockdown here in Spain. What does that mean? Everywhere is closed except for supermarkets, petrol stations, chemists and a few other places that are legally allowed to be open. We are not allowed to go walking, running, nothing. You can walk a dog but only one person and it´s to be a short walk. Police are fining people who are out without a legitimate reason. You can only go to work if you have to, and you must carry documentation with you. Read all about it here.
We´re going to add some of the latest stories for you here regarding Coronavirus on the Costa Del Sol.
This is the travel advice for Spain
- Spain closes all airports and ports. As at land borders, only residents will be able to enter the country by air or sea, with exceptions for certain professions or for reasons of force majeure.
- All schools will be closing in Spain from Monday March 16th until March 30th. Read more here.
- El Corte Ingles have removed all makeup from the counters or covered it over so stop the virus spreading
- Yesterday, March 9th 2020, all schools and universities closed for 2 weeks to tackle the Coronavirus.
- Due to the impact of COVID-19, the Spanish Government has banned all flight to/from Italy from Wednesday, 11th March, until 25th March.
- The number of cases in Spain doubled from 8th March to 9th March. You can check the statistics of Coronavirus here.
- We know of one International School here on the Coast that would not allow students back into school who have travelled anywhere in the holidays.
- There are rumours that all schools may close on the Costa Del Sol, but these are rumours.
- Gibraltar Festival, Malaga Film Festival and we believe the Tennis Open have been cancelled so far.
LATEST NEWS ARTICLES – CORONAVIRUS COSTA DEL SOL
9 Tourists quarantined in Costa Del Sol Hotel
British Expat Quarantined On Costa Del Sol. A British man is in isolation with his wife at their home in Mijas.
Gibraltar Festival Cancelled due to Coronavirus
Malaga Film Festival Cancelled due to Coronavirus.
MP for VOX Far Right Party tests positive for Coronavirus
If you have flights booked, keep in touch with your airline for the latest travel news.
Airlines – Latest Coronavirus Info
Check Malaga Arrivals here & Malaga Departures here.