Taxis Malaga Airport
Taxis Fares & Prices At Malaga Airport
A quick look at some Malaga Airport Taxi prices. See below for more destinations.
- Malaga Airport to Fuengirola €35.66 – €41.38
- Malaga Airport to Marbella €68.14 – €80.02
- Malaga Airport to Estepona €104.10 – €122.80
Did you know Uber is now here on the Costa Del Sol? It´s not quite run the same as in other countries but it´s good to have other options. There´s also Cabify Malaga which is another option to taxis and of course Malaga Airport private or shared transfers.
If you feel the prices for Malaga Airport Taxis are a bit out of your budget and want to look at cheaper options, have a look at Buses, Trains or Shared Transfers. The prices below are a guideline and may vary depending on time, day, number of passengers and bags.
A couple of tips
- Many people lose things in the taxis, so don´t start unpacking, especially when it´s dark
- Take a quick photo of the registration number
|DESTINATION||DISTANCE||RATE 1||RATE 2|
|Benalmádena town||20 km||€28.70||€33.10|
|Cala de Mijas||35 km||€46.10||€53.80|
|Puerto Banus||64 km||€83.22||€97.96|
Malaga Arrivals to Taxi Rank
As you collect your baggage and walk through the Malaga Arrivals Hall of Terminal 3 and go outside, you will see all the Taxis to the right of you. You can´t miss them!
The taxis have changed quite a bit over the years. Firstly, there were only taxis that would take maximum of 4 people. Secondly they didn´t have meters which was a nightmare. People were getting ripped off left, right and centre, so, we´re pleased to tell you that it´s changed.
A few years ago, the Spanish taxis finally had meters installed, so the end price should be clear, just make sure the meter is on! There are obviously additional charges for picking up at the airport (15.50€), travelling on Weekends, Public Holidays and different times of day. There is also a sign at the taxi rank which sets outs the fares to the most popular destinations.
The majority of the taxis still carry a maximum of 4 people, including children, but there are now some taxis with 5, 7 & 9 seats, and even some that are wheelchair accessible. The only problem is that we cannot guarantee they will be there. You could give them a call on the following numbers 0034 952 040 804 or 0034 952 333 333 if you would like any more information. You may well be able to prebook and ask for car seats too. In the event of any incident or lost items, we highly recommend taking a photo of the cab registration number.
- Take a photo of the License Number or Registration Number. So many people leave items in the cabs. At least with a photo you have a chance of getting your property back.
- Should you need to call for a taxi from anywhere other than the airport, generally it´s a case of calling the number and telling them where you are. They will say something like “cinco minutes” (5 minutes) and be there to pick you up. They don’t ask for your destination.
Although the taxi queues are pretty organised, in the summer it can get quite busy and extremely hot, especially Malaga! So if you don’t want to get hot and bothered or have young kids with you, a private transfer might be a better option. You can book this in advance and a driver will meet you in the arrivals hall and whisk you straight off to your destination. Also, the law in Spain states that registered taxis do not have to carry child seats. So if you are anxious that your toddler sits in a proper seat or has the correct restraint, book a private transfer or arrange for a hire car to ensure that the appropriate seats are available.
From a personal point of view of driving and drivers here, we highly recommend the correct use of child seats and seatbelt.
If you are more than 4 people or feel the return journey seems quite expensive, you may find that hiring a car is better value. Depending on the time of year you come, you could be looking at some ridiculously cheap prices, that its worth hiring a car just to get you to and from the airport.
Taxi Rates In General
- Rate 1: weekdays 6am-10pm the price per km is 0.86€. Waiting time €19.37 per hour
- Rate 2: weekdays 10pm – 6am. Weekends & Bank holidays price per km is €1.06. Waiting time €24.06 per hour
- There is a minimum charge of 15.21€ from Malaga Airport
- Rate 1: weekdays 6am-10pm €0.58 per km. Waiting time €14.56 per hour
- Rate 2: weekdays 10pm-6am Weekends & Bank Holidays 0.70€ per km. Waiting time 17.48€ per hour
- Holy Week / Semana Santa will be charged at rate 2
Other Supplements / Charges
- For any journeys that start or end at Malaga Airport an extra charge of 5.50€
- Travel between midnight & 6am an extra charge of 2€
- Luggage or parcels bigger than 60cm extra charge of 45 cents