Car Hire Malaga Airport
The Malaga Airport Car Hire Desks are no longer down the ramp. They are now by carousels (28-31) where you collect your baggage.
There are over 20 car hire companies at Malaga, but only 8 of them are located inside the airport. Avis & Budget, Six, Europcar, Record & Go, Goldcar, Hertz & Firefly.
In an article by The Guardian, Sixt, Avis, Hertz and Europcar came in the top 10, all of which can be found inside the Malaga Airport Terminal, so when booking via the Car Hire form above, look out for these firms.
You can often hire a car for a week, for the same price as a one way taxi journey from Malaga Airport to Marbella. We always suggest to friends and family to hire a car at Malaga, especially in the cooler months when driving around and exploring is so much fun.
There are so many beautiful white villages to see and also some amazing Cities all within a couple of hours drive, Jerez, Cordoba, Granada, Malaga and Seville. The public transport here is great, but only up to Fuengirola. Thereafter, there are no trains.
Saying all this, we totally understand that there are many people who don´t want the hassle of hiring and driving a car. We do have some driving tips here if you change your mind and you can always come and chat with us and others on The Costa Del Sol Travel Forum.
Tips When Booking/Picking Up Your Malaga Car
- Book flights before car hire & book asap for the best price.
- Add your flight number to the car booking so they know when to expect you.
- Air-conditioning is a MUST especially June to September.
- Book any extras like child seats or restraints which are a legal requirement in Spain especially during the summer months when supplies can run out. (This may be a separate payment with the company direct).
- Be sure of the time of pick up allowing time to land, clear passport and collection luggage.
- Check time of drop off, 2-3 hours before flight. An hour here or there can make a difference to the price.
- Don´t book the smallest, you do not want your suitcases on show.
- Remember everyones driving license who wishes to be a name driver.
- Name drivers are an extra cost, so be sure it´s worth adding them.
- Avoid the queues at the desks (especially during the summer months). Leave the nondriver to collect the cases and meet you at the Car Hire Desk.
- Think about taking out the extra insurance to reduce your liability to zero.
- Any problems whatsoever call the number on your Car Hire Voucher
- READ THE SMALL PRINT on your voucher
- If you are pushed for upgrades, think do you really need it? It´s all extra cost.
- Take your time to check the car for any scratches or damage.
- Before setting off, become familiar with the car and if driving at night, make sure your lights are on.
- Take care when collecting your car, don’t get distracted by people or leave your bags anywhere.
- When dropping car off, make sure you leave it in the correct space or you could be fined.
- A really good article on Malaga Car Hire by The Guardian
- There´s so much to see when staying on the Costa Del Sol, we highly recommend hiring a car to explore Andalucia, especially in the cooler months. We love talking travel so join us in The Costa Del Sol Travel Forum on Facebook.
Here´s a map for whereabouts all the Malaga Car Hire Companies are at Malaga Airport
Malaga Airport T2 Lower Ground Floor: T3 Ground Floor Telephone: 0034 902 119 726 Email: email@example.com
Malaga Airport T2 Lower Ground Floor: T3 Ground Floor Telephone: 0034 902 402 405 Website: Hertz
Malaga Airport T2 Lower Ground Floor: Terminal T3 Ground Floor Telephone: 0034 902 491 616 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Finding Car Hire Desks Inside Malaga Airport
Should you be using one of the companies that are located within the airport, they are no longer located down the ramp. They have now been moved to where you collect your baggage at carousel 31. Once you have found your car hire company, be sure you have all the necessary documents, including your driving license. You will be surprised how many people forget to bring this. You may also need a DVLA Code. In high season, expect to queue, it can become very busy. Once you have picked up your keys, a member of staff will inform you on which level of the car park and bay you can find your car. Both car parks are connected to Terminal 3 through the transportation hub. We also provide information on Minibus Hire, Driving Directions from Malaga Airport, and How to Get your DVLA Code
Malaga Car Hire Companies Situated Offsite
If you have hired a car from one of these off site companies they will provide you with a shuttle bus to take you to their offices. Check arrangements at time of booking. The majority of the offsite companies are located in Avenida Garcia Morato which is the main connecting road leading up to and exiting the airport. Agents with offices located on Avenida Garcia Morato are Auriga Crown, Autolink, Cargest, Centauro, First, Global Car Hire, Marbesol, Malagacar Hire, Nixa, Pepecar, and Top rent-a-car. Centauro and Global Car Hire are slightly further away in the Villa Rosa Industrial Estate which is situated just the other side of the N-340 national road. Another four offsite offices are located just over the roundabout after the BP garage on the right hand side in Edificio Checkpoint which is right next to the train station for Malaga Airport. These are Autolink, Marbesol, Tony’s rent-Top Rent a Car and Yellow Car.
Avenida García Morato, 30 29004 Malaga Telephone: +34 952 175 095 Email:email@example.com Website: Auriga Crown
Avenida Garcia Morato 50 Edeficio Checkpoint. Planta 1. Puerta 3. 29004 Malaga Telephone: +34 952 560 204/Fax: +34 952 565 701 Website: www.autolink.es
Avenida García Morato, 32 29004 Malaga Telephone: +34 952 173 520/Fax: +34 952 177 044 Website: www.cargest.es
Calle de Pascal, 30 Poligono Industrial Villa Rosa 29004 Malaga Telephone: +34 902 104 103 Web: www.centauro.net
Malaga Airport Avenida Garcia Morato, 13 29004 Malaga Telephone: +34 952 245 080/Fax: +34 952 245 688 Website: www.firstcargroup.com
Carretera Guadalmar Poligono Industrial Villa Rosa Malaga 29004 Telephone: +34 952 105 110/Fax: +34 952 237 145 Website: www.globalcarhire.net
Avenida Garcia Morato, 50 Edificio Checkpoint Malaga 29004Telephone: +34 952 234 916/Fax: +34 952 234 915 Website: www.marbesol.com
Avenida Garcia Morato, 34 Malaga29004 Telephone: +34 952 176 225 Website: www.malagacar.com
Avenida Garcia Morato, 44 Malaga 29004 Telephone: +34 952 236 179/Fax: +34 952 236 184 Website: www.nizacars.es
Avenida Garcia Morato, 44 Malaga 29004 Telephone: +34 807 414 243 Website: www.pepecar.com
Avenida Garcia Morato, 50 Edificio Check-Point 1-3 Malaga 29004 Telephone: +34 952 236 689/Fax: +34 952 236 490 Website: www.tonysrentacar.com
Avenida Garcia Morato, 38 Malaga 29004 Telephone: +34 952 105 528/Fax: +34 952 238 641 Website: www.topcars.es
Avenida Garcia Morato Edificio Checkpoint Malaga 29004 Telephone: +34 952 494 000/Fax: +34 952 493 970 Website: www.yellowcar.com
Drop-Off Points Car Hire Malaga
As you approach Malaga Airport, drive a little slower to avoid any mistakes. The lanes to the right will take you up to the departures area. You want to take the lanes to the left and follow the signs for Car Hire. There are corresponding desks for each car hire company in the car park where you can drop off the keys so you do not have to return the keys to the original office in the terminal. The car parks are on floors 0 and -1 of the P2 car park (for picking up vehicles) and on floors -1 and -2 of P1 car park (for their return).
If you have any questions you can come a join our Facebook Page Malaga Airport EU and also be part of The Costa Del Sol Travel Forum where you can chat with others about travel, living, holidaying on the Costa Del Sol.