For those arriving to collect their cars at Malaga Airport, the desks are no longer down the ramp before the Arrivals Hall. They have been moved to the Baggage Hall by the carousel 31. There are over 20 car hire companies at Malaga, but did you know that only 8 of them are located inside the airport?
Finding Car Hire Desks In The Terminal
Should you be using one of the companies that are located within the airport, they are no longer located down the ramp. They have now been moved to where you collect your baggage at carousel 31.as you collect your luggage you will notice large signs for the Car Hire Desks. Once you have found your car hire company, be sure you have all the necessary documents, including your driving license. You will be surprised how many people forget to bring this. You may also need a DVLA Code. In high season, do expect to queue, it can become very busy. Once you have picked up your keys, a member of staff will inform you on which level of the car park and bay you can find your car. Both car parks are connected to Terminal 3 through the transportation hub. If you have hired a car that isn’t situated within the Airport, these companies are located offsite mainly on Avenida Garcia Morato running parallel to the Airport. The Car Companies normally provide you with a courtesy bus to get you to and from the airport. We also provide information on Minibus Hire, Driving Directions from Malaga Airport, and How to Get your DVLA Code
Companies Situated Offsite
The majority of the offsite companies are located in Avenida Garcia Morato which is the main connecting road leading up to and exiting the airport. Agents with offices located on Avenida Garcia Morato are Auriga Crown, Autolink, Cargest, Centauro, First, Global Car Hire, Marbesol, Malagacar Hire, Nixa, Pepecar, and Top rent-a-car. Centauro and Global Car Hire are slightly further away in the Villa Rosa Industrial Estate which is situated just the other side of the N-340 national road. Another four offsite offices are located just over the roundabout after the BP garage on the right hand side in Edificio Checkpoint which is right next to the train station for Malaga Airport. These are Autolink, Marbesol, Tony’s rent-Top Rent a Car and Yellow Car.
Avenida García Morato, 30 29004 Malaga Telephone: +34 952 175 095 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Website: Auriga Crown
Avenida Garcia Morato 50 Edeficio Checkpoint. Planta 1. Puerta 3. 29004 Malaga Telephone: +34 952 560 204/Fax: +34 952 565 701 Website: www.autolink.es
Avenida García Morato, 32 29004 Malaga Telephone: +34 952 173 520/Fax: +34 952 177 044 Website: www.cargest.es
Calle de Pascal, 30 Poligono Industrial Villa Rosa 29004 Malaga Telephone: +34 902 104 103 Web: www.centauro.net
Malaga Airport Avenida Garcia Morato, 13 29004 Malaga Telephone: +34 952 245 080/Fax: +34 952 245 688 Website: www.firstcargroup.com
Carretera Guadalmar Poligono Industrial Villa Rosa Malaga 29004 Telephone: +34 952 105 110/Fax: +34 952 237 145 Website: www.globalcarhire.net
Avenida Garcia Morato, 50 Edificio Checkpoint Malaga 29004Telephone: +34 952 234 916/Fax: +34 952 234 915 Website: www.marbesol.com
Avenida Garcia Morato, 34 Malaga29004 Telephone: +34 952 176 225 Website: www.malagacar.com
Avenida Garcia Morato, 44 Malaga 29004 Telephone: +34 952 236 179/Fax: +34 952 236 184 Website: www.nizacars.es
Avenida Garcia Morato, 44 Malaga 29004 Telephone: +34 807 414 243 Website: www.pepecar.com
Avenida Garcia Morato, 50 Edificio Check-Point 1-3 Malaga 29004 Telephone: +34 952 236 689/Fax: +34 952 236 490 Website: www.tonysrentacar.com
Avenida Garcia Morato, 38 Malaga 29004 Telephone: +34 952 105 528/Fax: +34 952 238 641 Website: www.topcars.es
Avenida Garcia Morato Edificio Checkpoint Malaga 29004 Telephone: +34 952 494 000/Fax: +34 952 493 970 Website: www.yellowcar.com
A few tips…
- Avoid the queues at the desks (especially during the summer months). Leave the ´nondriver´to collect the cases and meet you at the Car Hire Desk.
- Remember everyones driving license who wishes to be a name driver.
- Car hire at Malaga is a very competitive business. It is well worth shopping around to see what deals are being offered as you can often make some great savings.
- Book your car as far in advance as you can to secure the best deal. This also ensures that you get the make and model of vehicle that you require. Book straight after you book flights.
- Think carefully about pick up and drop off times in accordance with your flight times. An hour here or there does make a difference.
- When making the booking take into account the number of passengers and amount of luggage you will have to transport. There is nothing worse than not having enough space, feeling crammed in and uncomfortable.
- You should also book any extras like child seats or restraints which are a legal requirement in Spain this stage, especially during the summer months when supplies can run out.
- Air-conditioning is a “MUST”. Make sure your Hire Car comes with it, especially during the months of July to September.
- Take your time to check the car for any scratches or damage.
- Think about taking out the extra insurance to reduce your Liability to zero.
- Before setting off, become familiar with the car and if driving at night, make sure your lights are on.
- Take care when collecting your car, don’t get distracted by people or leave your bags anywhere.
- When dropping car off, make sure you leave in the correct space or you could be fined.
When you return your car you do this via Avenida Garcia Morato which is the approach road that comes off the MA-21 (formerly N-340) National Road. Just after the roundabout you will see all the relevant road signs which indicate what lane you should be in to access different areas. Car rental return will be the first exit road to your immediate left. Follow the signs until you reach the entrance of your car park. There are corresponding desks for each car hire company in the car park where you can drop off the keys so you do not have to return the keys to the original office in the terminal. The car parks are on floors 0 and -1 of the P2 car park (for picking up vehicles) and on floors -1 and -2 of P1 car park (for their return). If you have any questions you can come a join our Facebook Page Malaga Airport EU and also be part of The Costa Del Sol Travel Forum where you can chat with others about travel, living, holidaying on the Costa Del Sol.